Outdoor Discoveries - currently a National Training Provider (NTP) with Australian Canoeing (AC) - are running a Whitewater Rescue 2 - Canoe course on the Collie River at the Wellington National Park on the 24th and 25th of February. Graduates of this course will, for an additional cost to AC, be able to apply to AC for this award and optionally a statement of attainment.
The cost for the weekend including any required paddling equipment is $440.00 including GST. Previous white water paddling experience is required.
Mark Tait will be the instructor in charge and there will be a number of other AC qualified instructors on the course.
You will need to provide your own:
We strongly recommend that you bring your own white water rescue kit - prussiks, biners, etc. If you don't have your own kit then we will have spare equipment for you to use.
- Transport to / from Wellington Dam National Park
- Food and drinks
- Accommodation. A number of us will be camping out probably at Honeymoon Pool on Friday night and Saturday night as long as we can get in early. You will need to be totally self sufficient if you would like to camp there.
- Own white water paddling kit - helmet, PFD, etc - you will spend a lot of time in the water so bring your wetsuits, etc. If you don't have this gear let me know.
- File, pens, paper etc. A camera could be useful to record rigging, etc.
We also recommend you bring your preferred canoe or kayak and paddle - we will have white water canoes and kayaks for you to use if you prefer.
What do you need to do?
- Please contact me so I can send you an enrolment form
- Please print out and sign the form and bring with you on the first day. We would encourage you to bring a logbook of your recent white water paddling experience.
Where do we meet?
We will be based at the Honeymoon Pool campsite in the Wellington Dam National Park near Collie. Please meet us here at 08:00 on Saturday morning 24th February. I will be there overnight on Friday night and you are free to join me.
Course queries can be sent to myself, email is best firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can't contact me and your query is urgent please contact Mark Tait on email@example.com.
Feel free to forward this email to anyone else who might be interested.
Brett Huntly | Managing Director